Monday, September 21, 2009

Newark, Sanday,Orknay,Scotland




I finally found it, my heritage, my ancestors home, 5 generations ago where they lived and left for the New World.

My spirit had wings that could feel this place, but just could not find it. Now here it is, and I understand it. This is why I am always drawn to the water, it all makes perfect sense now.

I am so happy to finally have answers, and what a beautiful place it is. The area is actually a very small remote area, right next to the hay field in the bottom photo, that is where the complex of cottages sits. The only access is by going under and through a stone arch seen at the back of the first photo, oh so very awesome!

It must have been hard to leave behind in search of the new world. Newark, Sanday, Orknay, Scotland...... home sweet home, of my ancestors that is :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have a fondness for Scotland. I've only been to visit it once but love it!

    ReplyDelete