Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sabbatical


I have been forced into a bit of a sabbatical this week.... after many family needs were answered a good old fashioned mega chest cold forced me to slow way down. For me slowing down for a few days feels like a sentence of jail time.... not that I really know what that feels like, but in my mind it must compare. I was forced to sleep a bit and curl up with the pups on the couch watching Gilligans Island and Petticoat Junction reruns. Its funny how when you are in and out of sleep and fever how many childhood images roll in and out of your conciseness. It may have been enhanced by the old TV reruns but I so enjoyed remembering some of those lost memories.... man we built some awesome forts as kids.

I was fortunate to have some great neighbors growing up, a totally wonderful childhood. thanks to Mom and Dad for adopting me and loving me into their lives, they sure made some good decisions raising a family in the town and neighborhood that they did. One of the great memories I had was playing with all the handmade baby doll clothes my Mom made me. My Dad was laid off of work that year and my Mom must have spent endless hours on making baby doll and barbie doll clothes, the workmanship was increadible and allot of it enhanced with all little hand sewed ribbons and trims. I still have many of the items, almost all of them I think, I am such a pack rat :)

Well I made it thru the down time I'm still nursing a bit of the cold but its time to end the forced sabbatical. I was able to get into the studio and start a small project, she is drying and waiting for me to complete her friends..still in the thought process.. I like the direction I am headed in, its filled with memories of the past... incorperating them into preserving memories for the future :) this is what a pack rat does with memories I guess, just can't let anything go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment